Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011!

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday. We spent the day with my hubby's family enjoying each other's company and enjoying great food. We also spent the day in obnoxious Thanksgiving-day sweaters!

My hubby and I have an affinity for "ugly" Christmas sweaters (we've even had Ugly-Christmas-Sweater parties before). Wednesday night, my hubby and I were feeling creative. "What if we made obnoxious Thanksgiving day sweater?" We thought it sounded like a hilariously fun idea. So we spent Wednesday night making these creations out of old sweaters and felt.

My hubby made a Turducken sweater. (For those that don't know, a turducken is a chicken, stuffed in a duck, stuffed in a turkey. People actually eat this.) The Turducken sweater was a BIG HIT!

I opted to cover the neckline of my sweater in a Thanksgiving feast!
The front includes, from left to right: corn on the cob, stuffing, pumpkin pie, cranberries, and a turkey leg. Bonus: crescent roll necklace!

The back includes, from left to right: green beans, pecan pie, peas, and corn on the cob.

Close up of front.
Close up of crescent roll necklace.
Close up of back.

It was quite fun to make and wear these sweaters. Plus, it was a great reminder of one of the things I'm most thankful for--a fun, spontaneous, witty hubby. I'm so thankful that I have a partner who likes to be goofy like me!

2 comments:

  1. these are really great DIY Thanksgiving sweaters - i applaud your effort! anne marie www.myuglychristmassweater.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the note!