Friday, March 9, 2012

Seven Things About Me


 

The lovely Lindsay Pindsay took a moment to share 7 things about herself, and asked me to share too, via the Versatile Blogger Award. Sure, I'll play! Right around the same time last year, I got a similar one, so I'm going to try to share different things.


Seven Things About Me:

1) On my drive to work, I do some of my best thinking about sewing projects. This means that I have to keep little notebooks in the center console to jot down ideas. This also means that I sometimes have to pull over to the side of the road! If only I could simultaneously sew and drive to work...

2) Taking a morning walk with my hubby and the pups is my favorite part of the day. We do this everyday--rain or shine. I love having that time together, and the dogs love going out so much. They positively bounce!

3) I've gotten to the point with my sewing skills where I feel really comfortable. I think I could make just about anything I set my mind to, BUT I'm also more aware of my strengths and weaknesses. I think there are some things that I know better than to try! (I've been seeing a lot of hand-sewn bras on blogs lately, but I'm in no hurry to try to make my own!)

4) I have been to 25 of the 50 states (plus Washington D.C.), and traveled to 10 foreign countries: Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Costa Rica, The Bahamas, Italy, and Greece. We hope to add more to the list!

5) My first sewing project was a skirt for my teddy bear. I added a button to some ruffle trim, wrapped it around the waist of my bear, and called it a day! The ruffle skirt was green and white gingham--which looked smashing on my white polar bear.

6) If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, I'd have a hard time choosing between green olives or chocolate chip cookies. Mmmmmmmm! I love both! (just not together)

7) I'm a vegetarian. I don't know that I've mentioned this before, but I've been a vegetarian for 10+ year now. I'm not as strict as I used to be (I eat fish occasionally), and I can't imagine eating any other way.


This is the part where I'm supposed to tag others to share, but I have a hard time with this... it feels too much like picking sides in gym class... Let it be known that I was not the kid who got picked first... but I truly enjoy reading these posts and learning about my fellow blog-land pals. I'd love to learn more about you! Leave a comment if you decide to participate!

4 comments:

  1. I came over to tell you I passed along the Versatile Blogger award to you. :-) Too late!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of the fact that you walk b/4 work. When we worked we didn't do it daily. But for the past 12 years we have walked for an hour every morning with our dog. "They" say that it is the one single thing that can dramatically affect your health and longevity. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm in awe of your one hour walks! Ours are more like 15-20 minutes--it's all the time we can spare in the morning before work. But they get a second 15-20 minute walk in the afternoon too.

      Delete

Thanks for the note!