The lovely Lindsay Pindsay took a moment to share 7 things about herself, and asked me to share too, via the Versatile Blogger Award. Sure, I'll play! Right around the same time last year, I got a similar one, so I'm going to try to share different things.
Seven Things About Me:
1) On my drive to work, I do some of my best thinking about sewing projects. This means that I have to keep little notebooks in the center console to jot down ideas. This also means that I sometimes have to pull over to the side of the road! If only I could simultaneously sew and drive to work...
2) Taking a morning walk with my hubby and the pups is my favorite part of the day. We do this everyday--rain or shine. I love having that time together, and the dogs love going out so much. They positively bounce!
3) I've gotten to the point with my sewing skills where I feel really comfortable. I think I could make just about anything I set my mind to, BUT I'm also more aware of my strengths and weaknesses. I think there are some things that I know better than to try! (I've been seeing a lot of hand-sewn bras on blogs lately, but I'm in no hurry to try to make my own!)
4) I have been to 25 of the 50 states (plus Washington D.C.), and traveled to 10 foreign countries: Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Costa Rica, The Bahamas, Italy, and Greece. We hope to add more to the list!
5) My first sewing project was a skirt for my teddy bear. I added a button to some ruffle trim, wrapped it around the waist of my bear, and called it a day! The ruffle skirt was green and white gingham--which looked smashing on my white polar bear.
6) If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, I'd have a hard time choosing between green olives or chocolate chip cookies. Mmmmmmmm! I love both! (just not together)
7) I'm a vegetarian. I don't know that I've mentioned this before, but I've been a vegetarian for 10+ year now. I'm not as strict as I used to be (I eat fish occasionally), and I can't imagine eating any other way.
This is the part where I'm supposed to tag others to share, but I have a hard time with this... it feels too much like picking sides in gym class... Let it be known that I was not the kid who got picked first... but I truly enjoy reading these posts and learning about my fellow blog-land pals. I'd love to learn more about you! Leave a comment if you decide to participate!