Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Recap of Favorites

It's that time of year, to look back on the year's sewing favorites. When I started thinking about this post, a couple other garments came to mind, but then I realized I never blogged about them! Whoops! Here's to getting them posted soon---who knows, maybe they'll still make the cut for favorites in 2014. Here's a recap of some favorites of 2013:

Reader Favorite: Care Bear Dress 

If you told me a year ago that I'd be writing about a dress made from a Care Bear sheet, I wouldn't have believed you. But somehow, this dress seems appropriate for this past year. It's been a year of carefree fun, so why not make a Care Bear party dress?!? This dress is by far one of the most-viewed posts on this blog. And I'd have to agree: It's pretty special! I do have a confession to make, I've never worn this dress out yet. I'm making it a goal to wear it at least once in 2014.

Favorite Weekend Dress: S.O.S. Dress

One of the standouts from the year was this dress that I made for a challenge with Andrea (from  Four Square Walls) and Beth (from 110 Creations). This dress has been worn to several local "fests" including a Beer-fest and a Taco-fest. Mmmm! I used to shy away from wearing white, but after making several lighter-colored dresses, I rather like the look for hot summer months.

Favorite Work Dress: Spicy Chai Dress

It was fun to pull out a pattern that I hadn't looked at about 5 years and make an updated version. This dress instantly makes me looked put-together for work, and it always gets compliments.

Surprise Favorite: Navy/Gray Flowers Top 

I whipped up this top simply to use the fabric and to have another pajama top. But it's made it into my regular weekend rotation. I really like wearing this top with jean shorts. A surprise favorite outfit!

Here's to another great year of sewing!

2 comments:

  1. What a creative sewing year for you! Glad you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the note!