Monday, February 3, 2014

Reversible Lace Top



This will be a quick post for a quick make. I had some leftover lace from my Mad Men Lace Wiggle Dress and my Lace Back Concert Dress, so I decided to use the leftovers to make a reversible lace top.



With this top, I made the front and back the same so you can wear either side forward. Since it's black, I know this top will get a lot of wear. It will be a great separate to wear with pencil skirts for work, jeans on the weekends, and even under a dress to get a bit of lace peeking out at the sleeves.

In these pictures, I'm wearing a nude colored tank underneath, but it would completely change the look to wear a black tank underneath or even a different color. 

Sewing Notes- I once again used my basic, self-drafted tee pattern. Since the lace is so open, I sewed all seams with strips of black knit fabric for support. I also used picot-edge elastic for the neckline and sleeve hems. The elastic is a great way to finish the edges with minimal bulk, and it works great with the open lace!


4 comments:

  1. I'm in love with this top! And you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Looks so elegant and a nice fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be my favorite look yet, Trisha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the note!