Thursday, April 10, 2014

Panda Sweatshirt


It's official. I can't resist animal-print fabric. Slap a cute, cuddly animal on some fabric, and I NEEEED it! I have to have it! Of course, when I saw this panda sweatshirt fleece from Girl Charlee (no longer available), I was helpless. Had to buy it!
Sewing Notes- I once again started with my self-drafted long-sleeve shirt pattern. This time, I lengthened it significantly so that it would work as a long tunic over leggings. I also drafted up a kangaroo pocket--super easy to do, just look at a sweatshirt you already have and use your front pattern piece to mimic the shape of the pocket so it will fit your front pattern piece. This pocket is BIG because it extends all the way to the bottom of the sweatshirt. I did my best to match up the pandas on the pocket so it blends in. I also used plain gray ribbing fabric to make bands for the hem, sleeves, neckline, and pocket edges.

Sometimes, you just need a big, slouchy sweatshirt to cuddle up in, and on those days, pandas work.

1 comment:

  1. I not only need this fabric... I need that sweatshirt!!! love x 100000

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the note!