Thursday, May 22, 2014

Ice Cream Cone Jammie Set


Just popping in to say hello! I am a sucker for a novelty print, which is how I came to own ice cream cone fabric and teal hearts fabric. Both are from Girl Charlee. Both prints are adorable, but not exactly the most sophisticated. No worries, I used them to whip up a set of spring jammies! Love wearing these when it is starting to get warm, but there's still a chill in the air. The sleeves provide just enough warmth, and the cute ice cream cones have me excited for summer!

Sewing notes- The top was an experiment. I modified my basic long-sleeved tee pattern to raglan sleeves. I just winged it and made up the sleeve pattern... Worked pretty well for my first attempt at this. The shorts are my basic jammie shorts pattern. I love these shorts so much! I've been wearing them like crazy!

How about you--do you find yourself buying crazy, novelty fabrics? Or can you restrain yourself? Looking in my sewing closet there is fox fabric, cartoon flower fabric, and galaxy fabric, to name a few. I've already made up items in zebra fabric, panda fabric, heart fabric, and unicorn fabric... Eep!

3 comments:

  1. I made my daughter some jammies from the same ice cream cone fabric. Having a toddler means I can buy all those silly prints and still enjoy seeing them on her clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!
    I love sewing knits, and really like Girl Charlee's variety (hope this doesn't sound like an ad- I wasn't paid to say that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pajamas! I love crazy knits, and I also really really love girlcharlee fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the note!